On-Site Crankpin Repair
On-Site & In-Situ Crankpin Repair
Our latest range of 3D CAD designed crankpin repair equipment will fit nearly every engine type as standard.
If you have an unusual engine type we can usually make something to fit it in a very short time.
Our crankpin repair service includes:
- On-Site Machining, and Honing (Plus Superfinishing) of Crankpin Journals
- Machining and grinding of crankpin fillets
- Rapid inspection of crankpin bearing journals with a comprehensive report for the insurers as required
- Non-Destructive Detection/Magnetic Particle Inspection to identify cracks
- Electronic hardness testing
- Annealing / Portable Heat Treating to remove hard areas and heat damage
Some of the equipment types that can have their damaged crankpin journals repaired on-site are listed below:
- Diesel Engine Crankshafts 4-Stroke, 2-Stroke Main Engine and Auxiliary Engine
- Compressor Crankshafts (reciprocating)
- Forging Press Crankshafts
- Steam Engine Crankshafts
- Pump Crankshafts
- Motor Crankshafts
We Can Repair Your Damaged Crankshaft On-Site
Nicol & Andrew have been machining and repairing Marine and Industrial crankshafts in-situ since 1950. In fact we invented and patented the Orbitool (Orbital Tool) machining system back then and have been improving it ever since.
You could say our current system of on-site orbital machine tools has been 70 years in the making.
A Bad In-Situ Repair Could Scrap a £500,000 Crankshaft
If you need a fast response, worldwide, from an expert team with 70 years’ of in-situ crankpin machining experience, call us now on +44 1494 429800.
What Our Clients Say
Very pleased with the speed and standard of repair to our diesel engine. Please thank your technicians for going the extra mile to ensure it was finished on time.JOHN WILSON
Another first class repair from your technicians. Please thank them for a timely repair and for working so hard under difficult conditions. Our engine is back up and running with no problems.ZLATKO STANOJEVIC
Why Clients Use Nicol & Andrew
We Cut Your Downtime
Our patented Orbitool Process means we bring the repair workshop to you. For some repairs, we can get you back running in as little as 12 hours.
We Save You Money
Your equipment does not have to be stripped down and transported or re-assembled. The savings on this alone are very significant.
All Major Industries Served
We are a world leader in in-situ repair technology and on-site repair services. Our worldwide customer base includes companies in the manufacturing, marine power, petrochemical, paper, process, oil and gas industries.